Protective caps for connectors – small components with a big impact
Our protective caps are easy to assemble and keep dirt off connectors. They are compatible with a selection of our SealStar and SealStar HMK connectors.
External influences as dust, dirt or water can harm connectors. Hence, we developed caps which protect and stabilize them. The protective caps are designed ergonomically and they close completely. This saves valuable installation space. The simple and secure catch with film hinges ensures a robust and torque-proof position at the housing.
Our protective caps are available for different pole numbers and cable outlets. They can be used for our connectors SealStar 1.2 and 2.8 as well as SealStar HMK 1.2.
Benefits at a glance:
- Ergonomically designed protective caps
- Same protective cap is compatible with multiple connectors
- Simple processing technology
- Intuitive assembling
- Tests according to GS95006-7-1 (LV 214) / MBN 10384 (LV 214) / VW 75174 (LV 214) as well as
higher requirements in terms of robustness (assembly/disassembly and rotation prevention)
- Monobloc protective caps with film hinge
- Locating surface for mounting aid
- Inspection opening to control the closed locking position
- Uptake geometry nominal diameter 4.5/7.5
- Cable outlet: 180°, designed straightly for the nominal diameter 5
- Cable outlet: 90°, designed lengthways for the nominal diameter 4.5/7.5
- Protective caps can be integrated on both sides
- Material: PA6
- Temperature resistance : -40°C to +140 °C (objective: up to +150 °C)
- Chemical resistance according to GS 95024-3-1 (LV 124) / MBN 10306 (LV 124) / VW 80000 (LV 124)
- Suitable for high-pressure and steam cleaning according to IPX9K